Have Some Fun!
Having a satisfying and thriving marriage requires that a couple intentionally look for time and ways to build and deepen their friendship.
- Commit with your spouse to take advantage of your free time (you may have to be creative) by planning activities you can do together. Sit down with your calendars and agree on a few fun things to do. Be Intentional!
- Fun activities don't have to be expensive or time consuming. Mix it up and have some quick, free/inexpensive activities as well as plan ahead for some "getaway" time that may require more time and resources.
Below are some ideas for you to consider. This is a growing list, so if you have discovered something fun as a couple that you think might be a good addition to this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org and share it!
- Feed the Hunger - RPC food packing event. Watch for upcoming events.
- Operation Impact 2015 - RPC Missions Emphasis. Click HERE for details.
- Greater Lewisville Cares - Volunteer "broker" with monthly calendar of volunteer needs. Training required. Visit http://greaterlewisvillecares.org/ for more information.
- CCA - Christian Community Action - local organization: http://www.ccahelps.org/volunteers/index.php
- Habitat for Humanity - local organization: http://www.hfhdentoncounty.org/volunteering
- Play tennis - Contact Frank Ford, Director of Tennis in Flower Mound at email@example.com . And/or Hilton DFW Lakes Conference Center - check out tournaments and other opportunities at www.hiltondfwtennis.com
- Play golf - Contact local courses and sign up for email specials. Check out www.golfnow.com for discounted fees and earn rewards for free golf.
- Shooting sports - sporting clays or target practice at Elm Fork Shooting Range in Irving - www.elmfork.com, rifle, pistol, archery target practice at Quail Creek Shooting Range at I-35W and 1171 - www.quailcreekrange.com
- Train together and compete in a sprint Triathlon or 5K run - check out upcoming local events at http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?State=TX, join "Team RockPointe Athletic Group" on facebook and train and compete with the RockPointe Team
- Salsa dance lessons - Arthur Murray Dance Studio Dallas or Plano. Go to www.dancedfw.com for more information.
- Co-Ed Class at RPC - Click HERE to find co-ed classes and to register.
- Art Lessons - Painting with a Twist in Flower Mound - www.paintingwithatwist.com, 972-691-8386
- Cooking lessons - Central Market cooking school (Southlake and Ft. Worth) - http://www.centralmarket.com/cooking-school.aspx/
- Gardening Clinics - Calloway's Weekly Clinics - www.MyTexasGarden.com
- Scrabble, Spades, or other card/board games A fun Couple's game - "An Enchanting Evening" is available at http://www.christianbook.com/an-enchanting-evening-game/pd/82001
- Become coffee snobs and have coffee "tastings" or join "coffee of the month" club - Suggestion: "Land of a Thousand Hills" at www.drinkcoffeedogood.com
- Play Wii bowling, golf or other video games together - Guitar Hero is always entertaining!
- Main Event - Lewisville or Grapevine - Lots of specials including "Monday Night Madness" $9.95 for unlimited bowling, laser tag and billiards. Check out http://maineventusa.com/locations for all specials.
- Top Golf - in Allen, loads of fun, games, and food! Take a look: http://topgolf.com/allen/